about 1 in 5 people say that they find their work either very or extremely stressful
Corporate Package. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Under UK law, employers have a legal duty of care to ensure their employees are not harmed by work-related stress. They also have a duty to assess the risk arising from hazards at work, including stress.
The Health and Safety Executive have defined stress as, ‘An adverse reaction a person has to excessive pressures or other types of demands places upon them.’
Why do we need to tackle stress?
About 1 in 5 people say that they find their work either very or extremely stressful.
Over half a million people report experiencing work-related stress at a level they believe has actually made them ill.
Each case of stress-related ill health leads to an average of 23.8 working days lost. A total of 12.5 million working days were lost to stress, depression and anxiety. This accounts for 40% of work-related ill health and 49% of working days lost in 2016/17. Work-related stress costs society billions of pounds per year.
Bespoke Packages. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Effects of Stress
on your workforce
- Substantially reduced efficiency and accuracy of work produced.
- Reduced performance in physical tasks.
- Negative effect on abstract planning, decision-making and creativity.
- Tiredness and irritability.
- Weakening of the immune system and the development of physical illness rather then waiting until problems emerge and then reacting many businesses/organisations are actively trying to help their employees manage a healthy work/life balance.
- We provide your staff with relaxing stress relieving treatments on-site, all we require is an appropriate space in which to work.
- Our therapists offer a comprehensive range of therapies that can be tailored to your company’s needs.
- Sessions are usually booked in 30 min intervals that fit well into the working day.
to your company can include:
- Increased morale, satisfaction and loyalty of the staff.
- Enhanced concentration, efficiency and accuracy.
- Improved creativity, planning and decision making.
- Better relationships amongst staff and between staff and management.
- The ability of staff to cope more effectively under pressure.
- Speedy recovery and return to work after illness, accident or surgery.
- Pain relief for stress related conditions, such as headache, migraine, etc.
- Enhanced staff resilience and resistance to infection and disease Optimum care for your staff by complementing conventional medicine.
- Reduced sickness and absenteeism, increased productivity and financial benefits for the company are the visible results. Less obvious, perhaps, are the positive effects on morale amongst employees who feel they are being treated with respect and a caring attitude.
Other Options Include:
- On-site talks on benefits of the various therapies, these can be in general or aimed at specific conditions such as headaches, migraine etc. and can include self-help tips.
- A chance for desk bound staff to stretch and relax can be accomplished by sessions of either Yoga or Mat Based Pilates to re-energise and re-charge the body and re-focus the mind on the tasks still to be performed.
- Contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Over the past few years we have been providing these services to a number of organisations.